Silverman Advisors, PC
Founded in 2011 by Scott Silverman, Silverman Advisors concentrates in the areas of complex contract disputes, automotive franchise law, social media bullying/defamation, as well as non-compete related disputes between employers and employees. Beyond a strong history of representing car and truck franchisees, Silverman Advisors also has extensive experience in litigation that arises between partners, shareholders and investors.
Prior to starting Silverman Advisors, Scott was a Partner with McCarter & English, LLP in Boston.
Scott serves as outside general counsel for the Massachusetts' State Automobile Dealer Association representing dealer interests through-out the Northeast on franchise and regulatory issues. He has successfully litigated and settled numerous franchise disputes such as terminations and appointment/siting claims. Scott also recently drafted legislation over-hauling Massachusetts’ automotive franchise law.
Scott was admitted to practice in Massachusetts to the U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts and the United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit.
Scott received his J.D. (cum laude) from Suffolk University Law School in 1997 and his B.A. (cum laude) from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst in 1994.
He is a current member of both the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. Scott also serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Dealer Counsel.
- Successfully obtained a $1.5 million attachment Order in Norfolk Superior Court in 2012 against two individuals who published defamatory statements regarding a retail business and generated 50,000 followers on Facebook.
- Obtained an Injunction in Worcester Superior Court in 2012 against two former company employees - enforcing their non-compete and non-engagement obligations in a fiercely contested matter where the former employees left to start a direct competitor business.
- In 2008, obtained a multi-million dollar judgment against a hedge fund management company by enforcing the preemptive rights negotiated by a seed investor.
- Successfully recovered a $1 million judgment against a dietary supplement company on behalf of a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Scott serves as the Outside General Counsel for the Massachusetts new car automobile dealer association representing dealer interests state-wide relativeto franchise issues/disputes.
- Litigated and settled numerous franchise disputes such as terminations, appointments/sittings and unfair pricing claims.
- Successfully litigated and settled "freeze-outs" of minority shareholders in closely-held corporations.
- Representation of close corporation president and executives in litigation arising out of self-dealing allegations.
- Drafted legislation over-hauling Massachusetts' automotive franchise law.